23 Şubat 2011 Çarşamba

الدعاء لأهل ليبياTripoli is buzzing like beesبسملة

Tripoli is buzzing like bees

بسملة

Internet is sporadic. I'm not sure how often I will be able to blog or approve comments. I will get to them if/when I can.

Yesterday afternoon I went out to the grocery store in my neighbourhood. It was packed full of people stocking up. The shelves, which had once been brimming with goods, looked sparse. There were only three bags of rice left so I took one. When I drove by the wholesale shops people were lined up buying bags of flour, cases of tomato paste, cooking oil and pasta.

The roads were packed with people going places. At one intersection empty buses were passing by... they had dropped off their load of 'rent-a-crowd' and were driving away from the city. Heading toward the city were cars full of pro-government demonstrators, honking and waving flags and posters. Everyone else seemed to be preoccupied with stocking up and shopping.

Things are 'normal' here this morning, Nora went to university to attend a lecture, the bakery and the sinfez (shop that makes fried bread) are open. But it's early yet.


During the speech the phones and internet were inaccessible. Afterwards the internet and phones came on as if a switch had been flipped. Then we went outside in the garden to hear what was happening. Since the speech ended we have heard car horns blaring and gunshots and machine-gun fire in every direction - louder than it's been since all this began.

God help us all!

I LOVE YOU LIBYA!!!!! ♥

الدعاء لأهل ليبيا
PRAYERS FOR THE PEOPLE OF LIBYA


LIBYA... WE LOVE YOU ♥♥♥

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder